It may seem like I don't care,
With my downcast face and emotionless stare.
But when those words from your mouths drip,
It feels like a shot straight from your lip.
How do I know if they were meant as a joke?
The bitter words settle into my system like smoke.
As a dark cloud choking me,
It brings secret tears that no one can see.
I have trained myself well,
To disguise when someone makes me feel like hell.
Working hard on being disconnected,
Does not always work the way I intended.
There is always something that happens to get through,
And it is frequently something that I already knew.
I may seem uncaring,
Maybe even unfeeling.
But I have emotions like everyone else,
Even if they're buried down in the depths of myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.