Monday, September 3, 2012

Home Is Where Your Heart Is

I've been in Maryland for 2 and a half weeks, and at NDP for just one, so it's probably too soon to say I won't be happy here. Yet, I know in my heart that I won't be. Everyone here has been so nice, I think I have a few friends already, but that's not what I want. It's not that I just miss my friends a lot, I also miss Catholic and my teachers, and how comfortable I was in Kentucky. I can tell that I won't be happy here; I don't think that I can let myself be happy, not while I feel that I could go back. I've been trying to convince my parents to let me go back, and I thought it was working, but I doubt that it will. No matter what I say, they're against me leaving. I don't think that they understand how much it hurts to be away from home. It took me years to even consider calling Kentucky my home, but I know that that's what it is. I've left the greatest friends I've ever had (and I've had a lot, and lost a lot), and I don't want to lose them too, but I feel like it's inevitable. Catholic is my home right now; it has my friends, my family, and my theater; it's the one place where I'm truly comfortable and content; it's the place that I miss most. It's where my heart is, and it's where I want to be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.